Java Developer – Eastleigh – Permanent
One of our direct based in Eastleigh looking for Java Developer expereince. Please let me know your interest on this role or if you can reffer some one.
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
- Develop the core systems that will allow customers to take advantage of Client services based on a Linux/UNIX based architecture.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- Required to work in an environment where the data being input into the developed system is highly confidential and will have experience in developing code that supports strong security.
- The Client software applications are required to comply with PCI DSS Level 1 therefore experience in this would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.
- As a result of the PCI DSS compliance obligation the person we are looking for will have had experience in documenting and recording processes and activity within the guidelines set to us by PCI .
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Working with other development colleagues and Systems Administration to agree particular server bsed software/applications required to operate the software.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within client.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
- Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Java software developer in a large and complex commercial environment.
- Working on large scale, custom designed, multi-tier, enterprise-level software development projects using Java 8 and Spring MVC Framework.
- Familiar with Unit testing, and proficiency in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers.
- Experience with ActiveMQ/Kafka/RabbitMQ
- Has a good understanding of OO principles and application of design patterns
- Strong Experience with REST web service development.
- Strong experience with highly secure and scalable web development.
- Experience with database design and development. Able to understand and create Entity Relationship Diagram.
- Strong experience with MySQL and able to write and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications.
- Proficient with HTML/XHTML/HTML5 and CSS.
- Experience with Version Control System such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS etc.
- In-depth experience and understanding of systems, as well as systems analysis and design experience of a formal software development life-cycle.
- Experience with working on AGILE development environment.
- Degree level education (Preferably in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics).