The role is that of a PHP developer working for one of the countries leading digital and media brands based in Leeds. This is a role working within the Digital Content team in the latest sporting events and television broadcasts live and working within an agile delivery team.
The role is that of a permanent employee.
- The company offers a generous pension and private health care.
- Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
- Pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
- Primary responsibility is to develop and maintain web applications & their supporting software for Digital Platforms, working within an agile delivery team.
- Produce clean, well-tested and documented code; demonstrate a strong understanding and application of modern software design principles.
- Ensure all code written has appropriate and relevant test coverage
- Work with stakeholders to elicit requirements, break down work into smaller items and ensure there is enough information available to progress with development
- Release and support products into the live environment
- Assist business stakeholders and software architects in shaping, estimating and planning new features
- Partake in code reviews within your squad and across the tribe. Ensure code is idiomatic & conforms to style guidelines; identify potential coding issues at an early stage before they reach production
- Work with senior technical staff to advocate & advance modern software development processes and provide out of hours/2nd line support of products
- Assist in removing technical impediments encountered by the team and attend and contribute to Agile ceremonies
- Strong PHP knowledge (ideally with symphony framework experience)
- Experience in scripting (Python, shell etc.)
- Firm grasp of coding standards (PEP8, PSR2, W3C) and knowledge and experience of testing tools and techniques
- Good understanding of internal architecture and systems
- Strong grasp of web protocols (HTTP, DNS, ICMP, FTP, SOAP etc.)
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with working with cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS etc.)
- JS/Java experience would be an advantage, but not essential